Friday, October 18, 2019

Good Morning Day 5

I have my  cup of tea and am ready to start my day.  My Morning Pages are written and I feel my day has direction.

I have several mundane projects for today. You know laundry, dishes, rearranging some furniture and taking books off my bookshelves.

Why would I take books off the bookshelves? They need to be repaired and that will be done on Monday,  I need to get the books off them. Then I will finish the two Christmas presents and work on the last two books for this year and get them ready to submit.

I had planned an Artist Date for today to do some research for a flash fiction piece I'm writing for a contest for Kentucky Monthly Magazine. However, I had a rough night between leg cramps and severely low blood sugars. My day has started later than normal and I feel as though I've been run over by a truck...a big truck.

Don't let anyone tell you diabetes is fun. Those numbers determine whether or not you live or die. Anything below 75 puts you in the danger zone. Mine was at 42. So I started eating sugar tablets I always have on hand. It took close to half a bottle (there are 50 in the bottle) and about 35 minutes to get it to 75 when I felt it was safe to go to bed. Besides my leg cramps had subsided. An hour later I was up with leg cramps in the other leg and they were worse. And my sugars were dropping again. Took four more tablets, walked off the cramps, crawled into bed thinking I would read, light by the bed was on and I fell asleep. I slept for 7 hours. When I awoke, my sugars were through the roof high. This kind of stuff plays havoc with your system. I'm thankful it doesn't happen often. While I am not tired, my body says, you are resting today. I do not look sick. I do not have symptoms you can see. It is one of those hidden diseases. It is debilitating at times. It is manageable most of the time. It was not low when I took my nighttime insulin. I should not have had an issue with it. I have not had an episode of low blood sugar like that since I don't know when. I just keep the sugar tabs on hand. 

So, today I will muddle through and see how much I can get done before I just give up. 

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...