Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Getting Ready




The first thing is getting ready. I have to make a list of the things I can eat and will need to eat as I embark on this life style change. If you look closely at the list in the photo, sugar, ice cream, and any fruit will not be on my list.

For the first ten days I am eliminating as much sugar from my diet as possible. That means no bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes (sweet potatoes are okay). I have my plain organic yogurt. I will be buying almonds and walnuts to add to it. I get lots and lots of veggies. I can have limited amounts of cheese. I can have milk, cottage cheese, eggs, lean meat (preferably free range meat...no pork of any kind), poultry (again free range if possible). Beans will be big on the list as will barley and old fashioned oats. Cinnamon will be come a daily  habit. I need a teaspoon a day. Mixed in my oatmeal or yogurt. I will be buying olive oil, walnut oil, and sesame oil. Vegetable oils are gone. I can however have butter.

I will be experimenting with different cheeses and recipes. I'll let you know which ones are successful. I will report the results of my blood tests when I get them. I hope to have them all done on Friday.  I am excited about the making the changes and that will help to make this a success. The outcomes I am looking for are losing my diabetes meds and being all around healthier. Weight  loss will just be a side benefit.

Again if you'd care to join me, be sure to comment on my blogs. Everyone needs a cheering section and I'll be happy to be yours.

TTFN

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!! Love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can always count on you to cheer me on. Thanks. Love you,too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and don't worry or fret about it if you have a little lapse - it's one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...