Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 5-Eliminate High Carbs



Most of what is seen in the above photo is bad for you. Starting with the bun and ending with the low grade, who knows what's been added meat. Most of us know this.

What you don't know is the so-called Diabetic foods are not good for you either. Read the labels. You will find they have sugar added as well as other questionable substances.

So, what do you eat? Well for the first 12 days you have given up breads (all types), rice (especially the one minute stuff), and pasta. You have also given up all forms of sugar (brown, granulated, powdered, corn syrup, etc), and soft drinks and juice.

That leaves you drinking water, tea, coffee, and 2% or skim milk (organic, soy, almond, rice). You are able to have eggs, cheese (the size of your little finger), nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds), vegetables, and lean meat (free range if you can find it). Bison and venison are also good. Beans in most forms are good and so is barley.

Veggie burgers are a no-no unless you are making your own. They have additives your body doesn't need.  You are cooking with olive oil, walnut oil, sesame oil, or butter. Seek out some creative menus. There are tons of places on the internet for recipes.

I had a blood sugar reading of 123 this morning. That is good. I need to stay below 140. I would like to see my readings between 70-100 all the time.

Tomorrow I go in to get a urinalysis, an A1C test (that tells what my sugars have been for the past three months), and my triglycerides. Of course I will be weighed in too. I will post the results of all that when I have them.

Breakfast this morning was plain yogurt with some walnuts and cinnamon in it. Later I had a hard boiled egg, a stick of colby/jack cheese, and a handful of almonds. Dinner was a dish of cottage cheese with celery salt and pepper. I've had two cups of tea and a 20 oz bottle of water.  I'm still not hungry. Grocery shopping is on the menu soon. I miss having celery and carrots to munch on. I also want some fresh spinach, fresh mushrooms, meat and other items.

I plan to add more water to my intake. I'm also looking for good vegetarian smoothies. I saw one with cucumber and lime. I'll let you know how it works.

Day 5 was an overall success.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...