Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 7 -- Ugh




Medical tests are back. It's amazing that I was told results would not be available until next week and here it's only been one day.

Liver and kidney functions are good. That was a relief. Triglycerides are up and cholesterol is up. She wanted to give me meds for the cholesterol I said no. My cholesterol is usually low so I'm not getting excited about one bad reading. A1C was high. Here's the breakdown

Triglycerides 272 normal for women is less that 150 mine have never been above 150 before.
Cholesterol   243 which is very high for me as mine usually runs around 106.
A1C 8.9 it should be 6.0. That is the big thing I'm working on. If I can get it down, then the others will also come down.

My blood sugar this morning was 133. I was unhappy about that. Then I remembered what I ate yesterday. That explained it. My blood pressure when I awoke this morning was 114/69 which is in the normal range. Immediately after talking to the nurse it was 140/93 and I took meds. Ugh.

Am following directions and the swelling in my left leg is not as bad as it has been. That is a plus. Breakfast this morning was 2 farm fresh eggs a splash of 2% organic milk and a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. Dinner was cottage cheese, two green onions and half a cucumber. I am feeling good. My biggest problem is getting  in my 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon daily. I often forget to have that. I need to make it part of my morning routine. That's my next challenge.

We have a starting point for things I need to correct. I am not getting on the scales daily that defeats the purpose. I will focus on more exercise, better eating, and control of my blood sugar and blood pressure.

I am missing the peacefulness I had from Jan to mid-April. I have learned that I don't like noise. There is too much traffic, too many lawnmowers, too much stuff I don't need to hear. It causes stress. It is something I didn't know about myself and am learning I have to find a way to adapt so that I am not stressed. I'm also not fond of the weather. I want warmth and the sun. Lack of those drag me down.

So, where ever you are on your journey, there is a starting place. I have mine. Do you have yours?
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...