Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sad Day

This morning the WiFi in my laptop stopped working. The tragedy here is that I did not realize how much I'd come to depend on my Internet access. I do my bill paying on-line for a lot of my bills, my blog, my sales at half.com, not to mention the games I play with friends and the fact that it helps me keep in touch with family and friends who are not local.

Of course I was waiting to hear on a writing contest I had entered and from a publisher who is considering my book. Total panic set in.

I fired up the PC, that has not been used for much of anything since 2008 and started deleting programs so that I could regain some speed. It has been made WiFi so that is no issue, but it is so slow I have stopped using it.

I have a call into a friend who does computer repair. I am not sure the laptop can be salvaged and that will break my heart as my new website that I had hoped to launch today is saved on the laptop. I do not know if it can be saved to a flash drive, but I will be finding that out later. The laptop has been acting up for a couple of weeks, freezing several times a day requiring a reboot of the system. I am afraid to run a systems check as I know it is going to tell me that the motherboard is going for the third time. I really hate the idea of putting a third motherboard into it. I need a new one, but not at this time. I need this one to hold out just a while longer.

Alas, I maybe hitting up the Geek Squad by the end of the week, or worse yet investing in a new one. Just glad I had a backup today.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...