Sunday, August 21, 2011

Anticipation

Today I learned that Michael Palmer is hosting an opportunity to write with him. You get your shot by submitting 220 words that would come next in his short story. There is a daily chance to enter this week. I have submitted my first 220 words. I would be flattered to make it to the top five. I'd be honored to be the one chosen for the day to be included as part of his short story.

It is a chance to hone my writing skills. Two hundred twenty words is not much to work with. Keeping the tone of someone else's writing is also a trick. Every writer has their own style and the idea is that you match the style as best you can. I like a challenge.

In 220 words, you set the scene, tension, and tone for the whole thing. It's a short scene like an act in a play. It's also called flash fiction. Some people can write the whole story in that many words. As a novelist, it is a challenge to do all that.

It will be exciting to see who wins and who gets left behind. I was just thrilled for the chance to do it.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...