Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wonderful Tuesday

My grandson, Eric and his lovely bride of one year, Angelina stopped in West Branch to have lunch with me today. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did. The ants at the restaurant will give us something to talk about for a long time. Ewwwww. They were heading back to the Lansing area from Mackinaw Island. They will soon be heading home to Dallas.

After I got them headed on the right highway, I stopped to see a friend who had called me about swimming. She'd been but I didn't have my suit. I will catch up with her next time for that. We had a good long talk, I have missed that. One of those things you lose when you retire is good talks with colleagues. It was nice to spend time catching up on her family and how things are looking for the future.

Later I had a former student text me. It was nice to hear from her. It's nice when I hear from former students and they tell me how well they are doing and how much they appreciate that I took time for them when they were in school. Those are the things that make it all worthwhile.

Now it is time for me to go to work on the rewrites. Just because I took time out for some simple pleasures does not mean I can ignore what has to be done.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...