Saturday, August 22, 2015

Write Yourself Alive 30 Days of Writing

Again I have fallen behind.
Day 19 was poetry....not into poetry.
Day 20--just could not identify with...I don't write erotica.
August 21, 2015
Day 21
Dig Deeper: Think of one dream that never turned out to be fact. Why do you think it hasn’t materialized yet? Did any part of the creative process + action needed for this dream fall within your power? Can’t think of a dream I haven’t accomplished. I mean I’m not on a best seller list yet, but I’m heading toward it.
Writing Prompt: Describe an experience that (which) caused you disappointment-through story, poem, or autobiographical reflection. Include your expectations and show how they failed to materialize. Convey the ache of disappointment by painting pictures with words. What does disappointment taste, feel, sound, look, smell like? Reflect on how you deal with disappointment.
Just recently, this past week in fact, I looked at a house to purchase. While there were some things I would change, most were cosmetic. I loved the idea of a backyard pool and the thought of swimming everyday was one I could get used to. While the lot was small it was completely secluded with a six foot privacy fence. So, an offer was made.
The following morning the call came from my real estate agent. They were not going to counter offer because they had three offers on the house. They were asking for last best offer. I made mine. Papers were signed on Wednesday morning and an answer would be given on Wednesday afternoon.
I felt anxious eating only because food is required to remain healthy. I found myself pacing my small apartment. I had family and friends waiting to hear whether or not I was going to be a home owner. The text came saying there was some kind of argument going on with the owners and their real estate agent. We would wait another day.
I tossed and turned sleeping. My mind went over all the reasons I liked the house and all the reasons I didn’t. I found myself trying to picture my office in the house, lined with books and the paint schemes I’d use in each room. I was looking forward to hours by the pool and swimming. I could almost feel the water on my skin.
By mid-afternoon, I had places I had to be and no word yet. I texted my realtor and set out to run errands. The text came through while I was driving. My offer was not accepted.
There was a bitter taste in my mouth. I wondered how much more the other people had been willing to pay. My spirits sagged. As I pulled into the parking lot, my realtor called. The other people had offered the same amount. The difference was they were willing to take the house ‘as is’ and I wanted a home inspection. For me, it was a red flag. What is wrong they don’t want a home inspection? What would I have gotten myself into?

The more I thought about it, the more relieved I was. It was not exactly what I was looking for even if it did have a pool. And I still wonder what is lurking in the house which would have red flagged a home inspection? I know the right house is out there. This was not it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...