Sunday, November 4, 2012

Differences



I am thankful the two people above are a part of my life. The young man in the photo is my nephew. The young lady is a former student and friend. Unbeknownst to me, the two of them met at Acorn Buddy Camp, a camp for handicapped children.

One year at Christmas I posted a photo of my nephew and Jen commented she missed him and how did I know him. My question was how do YOU know him? He is my nephew. Funny how small the world can be.

This past summer I took Jen with me when I went to visit my sister and nephew at their cabin. It's the first time Jen and Ryan have seen each other since Ryan aged out and was unable to attend the camp anymore.

While both have handicaps, they are the happiest two people I know. They have taught me much about looking past the disability and seeing the person. I am thankful for the education they have given me.

I love you both.
TTFN

2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU! SO thankful you came into my life! I am so happy I got the chance to meet Ryan at camp! He is such an amazing person! Thank you for all you do! <3

    ReplyDelete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...