Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Compassion

I am thankful for compassionate people and a community who has shown support for a young mother, whose baby girl is dying. The out-pouring of love, prayers, and general concern has been overwhelming. In this time of year when we are most thankful for families and friends, losing a loved one is hard. Losing a child is devastating. Losing an infant is horrendous.

I am so proud to be part of a community that can come together. I'm just sad that it always surrounds a tragedy. I'd like to see it happen every day. No other reason than we are all human. We all have feelings, and just a smile or friendly hello can make someone's day.

Today I am most thankful for people who demonstrate they have compassion. It's a vital part of human nature. It also shows me we are not a lost country as the media would have us all believe.

Many hugs, prayers, and blessings to the Parrish family in this terrible time.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...