Saturday, April 16, 2016

A-Z Challenge Letter N

N is for nurturing.

We nurture plants. Getting our hands dirty to give them life. Bringing us beautiful flowers and bountiful crops. In doing so we give them love and support to grow.

To be successful in business we nurture our employees. We give them the opportunities to grow and when they grow we all flourish. When they flounder we pick them up and nurture them some more. Otherwise our employees leave and we must start again.


As people we nurture relationships. Within our families, our friends, and our neighbors. As each relationship flourishes we grow, thrive, and become successful.

I personally nurture new writers. Some have potential and I give them the opportunities to grow. Others have no potential and while I provide opportunities, these folks often drift away. Each person I nurture who goes on to write in whatever form they choose makes me a success. I don't necessarily get a monitary benefit from this, but I do get to share in the success. So, it's all good.

Who do you nurture?

TTFN
2052

8 comments:

  1. Everyone benefits by having someone who is nurturing in their lives. I love your thoughts about employers who nurture, I have had a few who do and some who didn't and the result was obvious. People thrive in environments where they feel accepted, appreciated, and encouraged! I really like what you do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Employers are the worst at nurturing I've found. Especially in education. Lord, forbid someone would get more education and take their job. Thanks for all your positive comments.

      Delete
  2. Nurturing is a beautiful practice. It really teaches selflessness. I think if we all looked at our lives in the way that we nurture others we could really learn a lot about compassion.

    I love that you've brought your teaching background to the blogging community!

    https://thebutchersvegandaughterblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katerina, thank you. Once you've been a teacher, I don't think you ever stop. It's in the blood.

      Delete
  3. Visiting from A to Z. I'm a retired teacher. I love your comment above about administrators. I worked for several but there were only two who I really admired along the way. Looks like you have retirement planned well. It is important to keep your mind working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann, for dropping in. I loved teaching, but knew when it was time to go. I worked for one of the poorest districts in my state and they are barely staying alive. I have a plan for retirment, but it seems to be changing.

      Delete
  4. We can really make a difference in the world through nurturing others. Who knows? The writer we help today may be the next bestseller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, wouldn't it be wonderful? I'd love to see someone I nurture go on to make big bucks. I think if we nurture others we make the world a better place.

      Delete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...