Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for Venture



There have been several ventures in my life. The one that has been the most rewarding has been writing. I did a stink with silk flower arrangements for weddings. While it was fun it was not real fulfilling. I also sold Party Lite candles for several years. I just couldn't seem to make it work for me. It was fun, but left me wanting. Teaching was my career and I loved it. I loved the challenges and the children. I would not have been able to do it if I didn't.

The one mainstay in my life has been writing. I turn to it when I have issues I don't know how else to deal with. It's a great outlet for emotions. I can vent on paper and then shred it. No one gets hurt and I  don't have any bottled up anger or frustration. I have learned to use that emotion to create those feelings in my characters. It gives them flaws and makes them more believable.

Now I am venturing into new territory. I am writing a series, something I've never tried. Also I've chosen to write in first person. I have taken on writing articles and am going to be co-authoring a mystery...that could also possibly become a series.

I ventured into the South Carolina low-country and found that I truly love it there. So I am working to sell my house so I can relocate there. I foresee different locations for future novels and short stories.

Nothing ventured is nothing gained.

TTFN

4 comments:

  1. Good luck in your new ventures - writing and house move. I'm sure it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you will be pretty busy--good luck with it all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of venture. I love parts of South Carolina and writing there would be a perfect place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with change. Change is good.

    ReplyDelete

Wow! Just Say Wow!

My Coach Dawniel Winningham, has preached for months on going live to market our business. I cannot tell you how awesome going live reall...