Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Learning



I had a hard time choosing between learning  and  leaving. I'm learning to accept that I have to leave my winter haven and return home. It's not going to be easy, however, I can come back.

It's what you learn that's important. I have learned that you have to make an effort wherever you are. Whether you are in school or out in the world. You cannot learn by doing nothing.

So,  this winter I have learned that you can make good friends in a short time. That those friends will be there even if you are not and they will be waiting for you to return.

I've also learned that in putting forth effort good things happen. They may seem insignificant at the time, but they happen anyway.

I've also learned that learning can take place anywhere. It doesn't have to be in a classroom. It doesn't have to be taught by a specific person. It can be learned from research and experience.

Lastly learning is something to share. It's better when you can help someone to learn without them making your mistakes. But knowledge is power and sharing learning is sharing power.

TTFN

4 comments:

  1. Learning things is fun! :) Learning can also be a challenge for some.. I love the last line that Knowledge is power and sharing learning is sharing power! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lessons. I love the idea of summering and wintering in different places and having two sets of lives... It allows you to keep appreciating all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comment about learning not having to take place in a classroom is so true. I've learned so much more about life outside of a classroom than I ever did in one. They don't call it the School of Hard Knocks for nothing.

    Just stopping by from the A to Z challenge. Good luck with the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. learning is everywhere, for the taking

    ReplyDelete

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...