Saturday, April 14, 2012

M is for Mystery



Mostly because that is what I write. I love a good mystery. One that keeps me guessing all the way to the end. If I have your book figured out in the first 100 pages, I may or may not bother to finish it. It depends on whether or not you're also telling a good story.

When I was teaching reading one of the things I did was read a mystery to my students. Mysteries engage the mind. They make you think. You start wondering who is next, or what will happen next. Sometimes a writer can tell you "who dun it" and do it so that you don't believe them. That is a talent.

I'm often asked who my favorite author is. My answer is always whomever I'm reading right now. I've read Agatha Christi, Sirr Arthur Conan Doyle as well as the big name like Patterson, Deaver, Cornwell, Paretsky, and the list could go on forever. I've also read John Gilstrap, Lee Childs, and William Kent Krueger names  you might not know as well. Along the way I've read Victoria Holt and Phyllis A. Whitney, Mary Higgins Clark, Mary Jane Clark, and Carol Higgins Clark. Again I could make you a list.

So, I probably fell into mysteries by reading them. I look for mysteries in life because life is full of them. Have you picked up a good mystery today?

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...