Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Hate Sleepless Nights

It's 3 am and I am wide awake. Ugh. I tried sleeping, reading, sleeping and I'm still awake. I believe there are probably two reasons for this.

First it is 68 degrees inside. I like it cool for sleeping. I do have ceiling fans going but they are not cooling things off. I cannot justify turning on air-conditioning when it is 48 degrees outside. So, there is one issue.

Second, I have not been feeling well for a couple of days. Not that it would have mattered as it's been cold and rainy since Sunday. What that has done has prevented me from walking the beach an hour or more each day. That means there has been a lack of exercise. I did go to the Registration desk and pick up my mail. I also drove to Freshfields Village where I mailed letters and did some grocery shopping, oh yes, and don't tell my daughter, but I bought a book from the bookstore.

The two combined with the fact that I have spent the better part of the past two days sleeping has caused me to be wide awake. Maybe I'll get a good sunrise photo today. Not what I had planned.

I'm beginning to think that sleep is overrated. I do know that I don't feel as sharp on the days I don't get sleep. I know that it's not what I'm eating that is keeping me awake. I've been eating more fresh vegetables since I arrived here. One would think that would help. I guess one might be wrong. Time for some tried and true bananas in milk. Knew I should have bought some today.

Well to those of you getting a good night's sleep, I envy you. To those of you still awake, here's some reading material.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...