Saturday, August 19, 2017

I Have a Dream


I have a dream. I don't know if I've shared it, but it's time to do so. My dream is to become a writing coach. To help new and struggling authors find their way through the publishing world. To help them become the best writers they can be. 

To achieve this dream, I have hired a business coach, Dawniel Winningham. She is a former VP from JP Morgan Chase. I listened to her for a good six months before taking the step to invest in my future. I've not regretted it yet. 

I am taking steps to making my dream a reality. I have two writing workbooks with my publisher so they will be ready for my first two classes. I took one of the books and have it scheduled into one day workshops, there are four so far. The first class is twelve (12) weeks. I'm looking at a weekend workshop, most likely in month two or three. 

I have changed my FB page and my FB author page. The results of these changes has been phenomenal. I will continue to make changes over the next few months. I am also changing the look of Lilac Publishing's Facebook page. I will try to feature my authors more.  

For those who are not aware, I also have a new publishing company for me. BHC Press has become my publisher, so my books will have different logos depending on the genre. All my books are being changed over, so bear with me if one day you cannot get it and the next day you can. It happens. 

I am going by this premise, in order to follow my dream, I must invest in myself and learn to be an expert. I have done this before, I will do it again. Following my dream means charging for my services. 

I invite you to join me on this endeavor, however if you feel you cannot, you can feel free to step out of the way. 

I'm following my dream.
TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...