Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Some Nights Sleep Doesn't Come

I have given up trying to figure out why some nights I just can't sleep. Other nights I am out by the time my head hits the pillow. Seems the older I get the worse it gets. Not had a good nights sleep in a week. If I get four hours I'm calling it a win. My little corner of paradise with the ocean constant in the back ground would seem to the logical place to rest. And it was when I first arrived. I was asleep by 11 and up by 8. Now I go to bed, toss and turn, and finally give up. I've tried reading. I thought for sure if I tried to read the Chicago Manual of Style from cover to cover it would work. Instead I found myself going back to see if I had done things correctly in my writing. Insert eyes rolling here. I also know that reading John Gilstrap's Hostage Zero is most definitely not going to put me to sleep, but will keep me turning pages. I know there is an off switch for my brain, I just cannot seem to find it. Is it possible that I have acquired adult onset ADD? I don't think that is the case. I am able to focus for hours on end when I'm writing, reading, or crocheting. I had a doctor tell me once it's that women's brains don't turn off. Hmmmm...turned off just fine when I was a kid. When I get restful sleep, I wake up alert and ready to go. This is beyond ridiculous. I will spend an hour walking the beach tomorrow. After I run the early morning errands I need to do. Have a couple of things that need to go into the mail first thing. But will have to get to the library and get a couple of things printed off first. I also have a couple of conference calls to make, and I need to work on a mini mystery and a novel. That's just for starters. I have baby layettes to work on too. I am open for suggestions about sleeping. I have cut out tea drinking by 6pm so it's not caffeine that is doing it. Although once I give up sleep I often make a cup of tea. Must be something I'm eating that is doing it. I'll have to looking into that possibility. In the mean time, have a restful night sleep all. I will endeavor to get some work done. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...