Saturday, October 8, 2011

Writing Schedule

I've been asked a couple times in the past week what my writing schedule is. Ummmm...not a clue. I write when I find the time or when the muse says get this down now. I write more often in the evening than during the day. I think that comes from having started writing at night because I worked during the day.

I have been known to wake up at at 2 am and start writing because my brain says get this written. It's not always my best work, but the idea gets down so I don't lose it in sleep. I have been known to write in my head. It keeps me up all night until I finally succumb to getting up an putting it on paper or the computer.

The only time I set any kind of writing schedule is if I foolishly do NaNoWriMo...National Novel Writing Month. I have proven to myself twice that I can write a novel in 30 days or less. I don't feel the need to do that. When I work on a novel now, I sometimes go at it for days and weeks, then walk away. Sometimes I walk away for months.

Yes, I am afraid I treat my writing like an errant lover. It's always there waiting when I come back to it. It never fails to sooth me or inspire me. To put it on a schedule....I don't think so.

Nor do I outline, but that's a story for another blog. So, do you think I need a writing schedule? Not so sure I do.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...