Mouse habitat has been located. I am not thrilled to say it is my front closet. Oh gee, that would be the one all my dresses hang in. Now to find the little pests.
Clothing was removed from hangers slowly and each item was placed in the appropriate pile for laundering. When that was done, the nest was not where I had expected it to be. My fear was that it was on the shelf above my head.
Anyone who knows me well, knows that the sight of a mouse is enough to make me turn green. This is giving me a headache and I'm feeling nausea coming on. So, I did what any brave soul would do and called for reinforcements.
I have a former student that has helped me over the summer with odd jobs. So I sent a text to see if he was available. Believe it or not he was. I went and picked him up and he tackled the closet as I kept the washer and dryer running. My second guess for where the nest was also wrong. But it was on the shelf above my head. The closet has been completely emptied and vacuumed. The mouse hole has been located and filled with spray foam. It has also been sprayed with Febreeze.
I must admit the Febreeze has not covered the smell. I am not surprised. It was horrible. Hopefully I am done with mice for this year, until they find another way in.
On that happy note, I am off to find some dinner. I suspect Big Boy is in order.