Thursday, January 9, 2020

Trying to Find my Routine

I was good at getting up, having breakfast, getting dressed, and setting my timer for 30 minutes to write Morning Pages. Stream of consciousness writing or brain dumping. I got sick in November and it just got left behind. I need to do this and do it consistently. It gets rid of all those things getting in the way of my creativity. 

Actually spending time writing, has also gone by the wayside. I cannot get my books finished if I am not writing. So, I need to put that time back in the schedule. 

I find I do my best work on second shift. It is quieter and there are fewer outside distractions.  So, I need to adjust my schedule accordingly.  No, this does not mean I get to sleep all day. I do have things to do during the day.

First up on getting back to a routine and being human will be to take down my Christmas tree. I got the icicles off it before New Year's, but have not had the energy to get much of anything done. I do have to get it down as my new bookcases arrive tomorrow. It is in the way of where one bookcase will go. The boxes which hold the decorations are in the way of where the other will go.

I am going to do it in stages as my energy level is still not up to par. I am not going to cause a relapse this time. The baby elephant is still sitting on my chest, so that will limit me.

Routines are important. They are the basis for organization. I am a list maker. So, I make a daily to-do list. It matches things on my calendar which are scheduled. I have two calendars. A huge desk calendar where I write everything down and the calendar on my phone which alerts me to when I need to leave or take a conference call. I also put book deadlines on it. 

As I go through my day, I cross off the things on my list and complete my other tasks. Some days I get through the entire list. Other days, there are items carrying over to the next day. Eventually, they all get completed.

Do you have a routine? Is it working? Do you need to change it up? 

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...