Monday, April 10, 2017

A-Z Challenge-Letter G

G is for gotcha

While I'm sure gotcha is slang and not a real word, it fits today.  I was scammed on my computer last night by some company who filled my Google Chrome with viruses and looked like they were Microsoft. Foolishly I called the number. It was going to cost me $199.99 to get everything fixed.

This morning I learned of the scam, called my credit card company and have a new card coming...before they could bill it or charge to it. I now have a password on my computer, two spyware systems for the next thirty days, plus my Windows Defender. I am leaving nothing on it to work on, I'm shutting it down every time I walk away. All my passwords for everything have been changed.

I have learned my lesson, thankfully before anything catastrophic could happen. And the audacity of this place, they called me back today. Really? Like I am going to talk to them. I called them on being scammers and hung up. Blocked the number I'm so done with them.

Don't get caught. If they freeze your computer, just shut it down. Don't call them.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...