Sunday, September 1, 2013

Huge Leap of Faith

I took a leap of faith and offered another writer a contract with Lilac Publishing. Her book won't be out until next year. We have a lot of editing to do. I want her to be a smashing success. She has planned at least one other book in this series.

Now I have to wait for her to read through the contract and decide if it is something she wants to work with. She is an unknown to me, but I believe she has potential.

I have also hired someone to read through it, ask questions, make comments, and in general pick it apart. So, really two things have happened today. I have out sourced and am actually contracting for work. AND, I've offered a contract to an author.  Big steps for a small company.

I believe everyone has to start somewhere. I have procrastinated making both of these decisions. I've been holding out for another author whose book is close to being finished. I cannot hold out forever if I truly wish to be a publisher.

The next thing will be to contract out and get a website for Lilac Publishing. One I can connect to my authors with and give people another place to purchase author books. That will mean business cards for Lilac Publishing as well as letterhead.

Did someone forget to tell me I'd retired? What am I thinking????


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the New Year, New Life

I have moved from my home in South Carolina back to Michigan. It is currently under contract. Sorry no photo of my current residence. ...