Friday, March 15, 2013

Radio Inteview

I had a great time with host Barbara Hodges and her other guest Denise Middlebrooks. I was interviewed the first half hour and Denise was interviewed the second half hour. I got some good questions and  hope I gave some good answers.

Denise is an editor and she said things that make a lot of sense. If you are a writer, you give your most polished piece of work to your editor. You need to have an editor who can work with you. One who will explain why something needs changing or why it doesn't work. Be sure you've read your work before turning to over to an editor. You want this to be as easy and painless as possible. Get your basic grammar right. If you're not sure have the local high school English teacher give it a read through.

I did get feedback from a friend who was able to listen to the interview on her cell phone. She said I sounded good and she enjoyed hearing it. It's always good to know someone is listening. It was broadcast on the west coast.

I also picked up an new connection on LinkedIn. It is good to have a wide network, you never know when you need to call on one of them for their expertise.

All-in-all, I enjoyed myself. It went smoothly. No trick questions.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

October Already

 I'm not sure where the time has flown. June was an exiting month. July was a mess. I had a change of medication which caused me to gain...